Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to School

Well, it is for everyone in our county. They had one successful day back to school and today was closed b/c of Tropical Storm Fay. We have been obsessed with tracking the storm and looking at all of the neat weather technology they have now. Eathan loves seeing where we live and if the rain is on us on the radar. We actually didn't get one single drop of rain from Fay. It's crazy considering they closed everything in the county for a hurricane day. LOL I guess it's better to be prepared. I must admit it was kind of scary knowing that Eathan is of school age and we didn't send him off. I'm thankful to be having him at home with us learning.

We're still working on Eathan's All About Me Lapbook and Garrett is continuing to review colors and shapes in his Cars book. We've almost got Eathan's book done. Just the last minute touches. I think it's coming together nicely and Eathan is thrilled that he now has his own book to look through. I'll be sure to post pics of the final product.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad they are enjoying lapbooks! I didn't really want to get into them either, but it seems like there is no use fighting it anymore! They are sooooo addicting!

Have fun tracking your crazy weather!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Yay for lapbooks. :) Alison should be PROUD!

Wow, your kinder and preschooler learned some big stuff in science on this day. Yay for hurricane day.

I don't miss Pensacola once hurricane season starts. :)