Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chocolate paint

Garrett is learning his colors. He's mastered a few, forgets a few, and has no clue about a few. We're learning brown this week which is one he has no clue about.

He colored some pictures with a brown crayon. He played with his Monster Truck color match game. The most fun he had was painting with CHOCOLATE!

I just mixed some sugar, cocoa, and milk. I made it a little bit thicker than hershey's syrup. I would have just used the syrup if I would have had some.

Anywho, Garrett was THRILLED when I told him I made him some paint. He got to work.



He loved dipping his entire hand in the chocolate.



Then I told him he could lick it! hee hee He wasn't too sure about that.



Then I told him it was chocolate.



He had no problems tasting after that. :)



He continued painting and tasting for a little while.




It was fun!! He now remembers the color brown. hee hee :)

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

This is just so cool. I love it!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I bet he remembers! LOL

Amanda said...

That is just precious!!!

DFC Mommy said...

What a great idea!!! He remembers from being able to learn using more than just seeing. What a cool way to incorporate other senses into learning :-) That is very inspiring!!! Was there any chocolate left? or did he lick the paper clean?.?.?. hehehe

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful idea! And tasty, too.

Jenn said...

What a great idea! I bet he really enjoyed that lesson! hee hee